Hello! Here’s the part where I get to tell you all about me, and what brought me to this spot.
Well, I was born and raised in Michigan, but live in Ontario now. I’m a long-time blogger in various places. You may have seen me at YummyMummyClub.ca, TodaysParent.com, Booklounge.ca, and my very old defunct blog here.
My first trip to WDW was when I was five. I only have a few snippets of memories from that trip:
- The long drive from Michigan to Florida, laying down in the back of our Pinto with my coloring books and crayons.
- The dingy motel (it was brown and orange – definitely not a Disney resort!).
- Getting a Mickey balloon tied around my wrist.
- Riding 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (I just dated myself, didn’t I?).
- Oddly enough I seemed to have blocked out my older brother and sister pestering me. But I’m sure they did.
Trip #2 was when I was 12 years old, I went with my parents (but not siblings!). I believe we only went to Epcot on this trip, and I remember:
- Eating taquitos and taking photos with Pluto in Mexico.
- Eating at the restaurant in Japan where they cook the food on your table.
- Going inside Spaceship Earth.
Boy my memory is horrible.
Fast forward more than a decade: Trip #3 in 2000 with my fiancé and parents, once again we went to Epcot for a day around Thanksgiving. What a different experience as an adult! Wine in France, dinner in Mexico, Test Track, street performers. We loved everything about it, but looking back, we didn’t prep for the visit at all, and I think we could have planned our day better.
Trips 4 & 5 almost feel like they run together because they were only 4 months apart:
October 2011 – We took our son to the World for the first time (so magical!!). We stayed at All-Star Movies and went to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kindom (twice), and Hollywood Studios.
February 2012 – We had so much fun in October, and didn’t get to see everything we wanted to, so we planned a surprise trip! This time we stayed at Pop Century and went to Magic Kingdom (3 times) and Hollywood Studios (twice). This trip was even more magical than before.
And yes, before you ask…we are already planning our next adventure to the World. 🙂
This blog was created as an outlet for my Disney passion — the more I learn about various Disney related things, the more I love it! I needed a place to channel all of that research and our memories, and if I can help other families create their own magical vacation with the information I’ve learned, I would love that even more.
When I’m not in my own little magical world, I work in book publishing.
Thanks for stopping by, and of course, have a magical day!