Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Here this girl was so gung ho to blog about Disney and she disappeared? Yeah, I know. Work, motherhood, illness, and general crankiness will do that to a princess. I’ve missed a couple of these weekly memes from Heidi’s Head, but I’m jumping in again, so here we go!
This week’s meme is to list your Top 6 Disney restaurants. This one’s a toughie for me because we’ve had the quick service dining plan on both our recent trips, so we haven’t actually been to ANY of the table service restaurants! So my list will focus on the quickies – maybe not as glamourous but it gets the job done, right?
1. Pinnochio Village Haus (Magic Kingdom, Fantasy Land) This is by far at the top of my list. The menu is slightly more varied than other places, including pasta and salads. But the thing that pushes this restaurant above and beyond the others is the atmosphere. The dark wood interior sets the perfect mood, and there are a few tables with a large window view of the loading docks for it’s a small world. If you can’t grab a seat there, try the outdoor patio seating that offers a great spot to watch the carousel. It’s breathtaking at night!
2. Casey’s Corner (Magic Kingdom, Main Street USA) Batter up! It doesn’t get more all-American than a good ball-park hot dog with Cracker Jack for dessert! Seating is pretty limited, but if you time it right, there might be a ragtime piano player to entertain the diners on the outdoor patio.
3. Pizza Planet (Hollywood Studios, Streets of America) Okay, I can’t believe I put this on the list because the service was so slow, and it was completely crowded people were fighting for tables. However, this restaurant is so fun with an arcade on the lower level, and honestly the pizza was delicious!
4. Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom, Liberty Square) Mmmm…lobster rolls. ‘Nuff said.
5. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland) You’ll find something that everyone will like here. There are three different “bays” with different menus, so your group might have to split up if someone wants chicken and others want burgers. But it’s the most spacious restaurant we’ve found there with lots of seating, and a great animatronic entertainer to boot.
6. Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom, Main Street USA) I’m going to write about this one in it’s own post someday because oooh, the cinnamon rolls are to die for.