Oh, I am SO far behind on posting! I’ve been away at a conference for work, and have been totally vegging out for a couple days to recover. Time to get back in the swing of things and catch up on a couple of posts.
Disney characters have been a part of my life since I can remember. I had all sorts of Disney merch growing up, from a Mickey tee to a set of dominoes with the fab 5 on them. In no particular order (because really, who can rank them!) here are my 9 favourite Disney characters as part of Heidi’s Disney Meme:
1. Mickey Mouse. Obviously must be on the list. I think I would buy just about anything with Mickey on it. Is that too much?
2. Donald Duck. Some of the classic Donald cartoons are my fave. Remember when he goes to the beach and is bothered by that little bee? So funny.
3. Timon & Pumbaa (they go together, you know) from The Lion King.
“What’d you want me to do dress in drag and do the hula?!?”
4. Nora from Pete’s Dragon. I can pretty much guarantee this won’t be on anyone else’s list, but I have loved Nora from the first time I saw this movie. I had childhood dreams of being her — living in a lighthouse, wearing long skirts, pining away for my long lost love, singing Candle on the Water.
5. Peter Pan. I love Peter’s sense of adventure. There’s also something so heroic about him when he takes on Captain Hook!
6. Tinkerbell, that feisty little fairy.
7. Rapunzel in Tangled. I’ve only just recently seen this movie (like yesterday), but instantly fell in love with it. Rapunzel is so loveable in her naive and awestruck way.
8. Pluto. I have fond memories of my Grandpa laughing hysterically at Pluto cartoons, and for that, he makes my list.
9. Woody, because he’s the rootin’est tootin’est cowboy in the whole world.